Thursday

28 June 2008 - Ho Chi Minh City




30 hours later finally arrive into Ho Chi Minh. Has got to be one of the worst flights ever.

Get out of the airport and am mobbed by taxi drivers all trying to rip me off. Find one who will actually turn his meter on!

The traffic is mayhem. I have never seen anything like it before. Scooters and motorbikes here there everywhere. Finally arrive at my hotel and find they will not let me check in early. Am so tired but I have to wait for 2.5 hours before I can finally sleep. So what else can I do but....go for a few beers!!

Finally check in and go straight to bed for a few hours before I get up and hit the local market, Ben Thanh Market. It's really hot, but I manage to pick up some tourist tat that I probably overpaid on with my poor bargaining skills.

More beer and food, then zzzzzz.

No comments: